Saturday, July 06, 2002

I've been listening off and on to the local classic rock station's Top 1000 countdown. I'm used to hearing Top 500 countdowns around Memorial Day/July 4th/Labor Day, but 1,000 is interesting because it forces the station to drag out songs you know aren't on their normal playlists. I think it's pretty arbitrary where some of these songs are -- Aerosmith's "Janie's Got a Gun" somewhere in the high 900s while Ace's "How Long" at 499, etc. Hopefully they'll put a list online when the countdown is over so I could have some fun picking through the selections. I haven't had the urge/energy to do the radio diary like Tim just yet, but if I've got time on my days off, I may do so.

I'm curious to see what makes the cut in the top 100 given some of the good stuff before it. One time in college, a handful of us sat around our dorm suite on Memorial Day taking bets on the top 10. I think we're all still wondering how ZZ Top's "La Grange" became so popular in Chicago. At least I can see decent reasoning for "Sweet Home Alabama" at the top of classic rock countdown here in Atlanta.

No comments: