Tuesday, July 16, 2002

I've been tapped out regarding blog ideas, hence my lack of postings. Of course, I doubt any of you had missed me.

Let's see what's out there ...

This is what the "invasion" needed a long time ago
Well, it was odd enough seeing WCW folks last year after the ill-fated "invasion." However, adding Eric Bischoff to the mix (and throwing out all the "inside" information) almost reeks of desperation, but it does add another interesting heel to the mix. And his promo to introduce himself to the crowd seems to show that they are catering more to fans who know their history. Before the internet really took off in informing fans about what was going on (either PR-ish sites or insider stuff), fans were treated as if they had amnesia regarding the past. Now, it's embraced -- as seen with Goldust, the NWO and now Bischoff, who's decided to dye his hair and gain about 30 pounds. He looks more like Gene Rayburn than John Davidson.

He got mad because she asked him about PRACTICE
I think Kid n' Play need some work. They could co-star in House Party 4: House Arrest.

Fun with digital cable
I actually took some advantage of the free preview of the Extra Innings package to watch a bunch of baseball, although I still can't compel myself to order it for the rest of the season. However, it does provide for some more options while at home, and I did see that crazy Indians comeback over the Yankees on Sunday. A funny part about watching that game is that the Indians are still going ahead with Bartolo Colon baseball card day, even though he's now with Montreal.

Does he even have a lap?
Check out this interesting lawsuit about ADA violations at a Florida strip club. I suppose it's not as friviolous as the lawsuits from parents of failing kids.

Beam him out
It looks like James Traficant could be expelled from Congress on a variety of charges. It's too bad, if only because of his entertainment value.

No comments: